Article 1 Scope
1. The purpose of the Terms is to set forth the terms and conditions for the use of this website and the rights and obligations between the Foundation and the users of this website, and the Terms shall be applied to all aspects of the relationship between the users and the Foundation in connection with the use of this website. By visiting and using this website, you are deemed to have agreed to the Terms.
2. Any rules for use of this website posted on this website at https://legacyfoundationjapan.com/ (if any, the “Rules”) shall constitute an integral part of the Terms.
3. If there is any conflict between the Terms and the Rules or any other description regarding the use of this website not provided for herein, the Terms shall prevail.
Article 2 Prohibited Actions
When using the website, the users may not conduct any act that falls under, or is determined by the Foundation to fall under, any of the following:
(1) acts that violate any laws or regulations or that are associated with criminal activity;
(2) acts that defraud or threaten the Foundation, members and sponsors of the Foundation, other users of this website or other third parties;
(3) acts against public order and good morals;
(4) acts that infringe any IP Rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, reputation or other rights or interests of the Foundation, members and sponsors of the Foundation, other users or other third parties;
(5) acts to transmit through this website to members and sponsors of the Foundation or other users any information or data that falls under, or is determined by the Foundation to fall under, the information or data that:
– contains excessively violent or cruel content;
– contains computer viruses or other hazardous computer programs;
– contains content that damages the reputation or the credit of the Foundation, other users of the website or other third parties;
– contains excessively indecent content;
– contains content that encourages discrimination;
– contains content that encourages suicide or self-mutilation;
– contains content that encourages drug abuse;
– contains antisocial content;
– is intended to be distributed to third parties, including but not limited to chain mails; or
– contains content that causes uncomfortable feelings to third parties.
(6) acts that place an excessive burden on the network or system of this website;
(7) acts to reverse-engineer or otherwise analyze the software or other systems provided by the Foundation;
(8) acts that are likely to interrupt the operation of the website;
(9) acts to access the network or system of the Foundation improperly;
(10) acts to impersonate a third party;
(11) acts of exploitation, advertisement, soliciting or marketing through this website without the Foundation’s prior consent;
(12) acts to collect information of members and sponsors of the Foundation or other users of the website;
(13) acts that cause disadvantage, damage or uncomfortable feelings to other users of this website or other third parties;
(14) acts that violate the Rules;
(15) acts to provide antisocial forces with profit;
(16) acts that are intended to meet unacquainted persons of the opposite sex;
(17) acts that, directly or indirectly, cause or facilitate the acts listed in Items (1) through (16) above;
(18) attempting to conduct any of the acts listed in Items (1) through (17) above; or
(19) other acts that the Foundation deems to be inappropriate.
Article 3 Suspension of website service
The Foundation shall be entitled to, without any advance notice to the user, suspend or discontinue this website service, in whole or in part, in the event that:
(1) Inspection or maintenance of the computer system for this website service needs to be performed due to urgent circumstances;
(2) The Foundation becomes unable to provide this website service due to error in computers or communication lines, wrong operation, excessively concentrated access, unauthorized access, hacking or the like;
(3) The Foundation becomes unable to provide this website service due to force majeure, including but not limited to earthquake, lightning, fire, storm and flood damage, power blackout and other natural disasters; or
(4) The Foundation determines that suspension or discontinuance is required for other reasons.
Article 4 Ownership of Rights
Any and all IP Rights related to this website are expressly reserved by the Foundation or its licensors or licensees. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the user a license of the IP Rights related to this website owned by the Foundation or its licensors or licensees.
Article 5 Modification and Termination of Website Service
The Foundation shall be entitled to at any time modify or terminate the operation of this website in its own discretion.
Article 6 Disclaimer and Waiver of Warranties
1. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT MAKE WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (i) that this website fits or is suitable for a particular purpose contemplated by the user, (ii) that this website has expected functions, commercial value, accuracy or usefulness, (iii) that the use by the user of this website complies with the laws and regulations or internal rules of industrial organizations that are applicable to the Registered User, or (iv) that this website will be free of interruption or defects.
2. The Foundation shall not be liable for the damages incurred by the user in relation to this website. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE FOUNDATION BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR FUTURE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS.
3. Any transactions, communications and disputes arising between the user and members or sponsors of the Foundation, other users or a third party in connection with this website shall be addressed and resolved by the users at their responsibility.
Article 7 Treatment of Your Information
2. The Foundation may, in its sole discretion, use or make public any information or data provided by the user to the Foundation as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the user may not raise any objection to such use or publication.
Article 8 Amendment
The Foundation reserves the right to amend or change the Terms when the Foundation finds it necessary. In the event of any amendment or change to the Terms, the Foundation shall inform the effective time and content of the amended or changed Terms by posting on this website or other appropriate way.
Article 9 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1. The Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan without regard to conflict of laws principles.
2. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court of Japan in the first instance.
Prescribed on October 15, 2020
1 Your Information to be Collected and Method of Collection
For purposes of this Policy, “Your Information” means information identifying you, history of your actions on this website and other information created or accumulated in relation to you that are collected by the Foundation pursuant to this Policy.
Your Information that the Foundation may collect in the course of the Service is as follows, depending on the method of collection:
(1) Information you provide
The information to be provided by you is as follows:
･ name, date of birth, sex, occupation and other profile information;
･ e-mail address, telephone number, address and other contact information;
･ credit card information and other information regarding payment method; and
･ information you transmitted through subscription forms or membership questionnaire on the website or other methods specified by the Foundation;
(2) Information automatically collected by the Foundation in the course of your use of the website
The Foundation may collect information regarding access to or use of the website, which may include the following:
･ IP address
･ information regarding server access logs
･ cookies, ADID, IDFA and other identifiers
(3) Information collected by the Foundation with the consent respectively given by the user in the course of your use of the website or participation in the Foundation
2 Purpose of Use
Specific purposes of the use of Your Information are as follows:
(1) membership or sponsorship registration;
(2) submission of the newsletter to those who subscribed to the Foundation’s newsletter
(3) guidance and response to inquiries relating to the Foundation;
(4) addressing a violation of rules, regulations or policies of the Foundation relating to the website or the Foundation’s activities (the “Rules”); and
(5) notice of modification to the Rules or related matters.
3 Method of Requesting Discontinuance of Use
You may request that the Foundation discontinue the collection or use of all or a part of Your Information by contacting the Foundation in accordance with Section 7 below, and promptly upon such request the Foundation shall discontinue such collection or use in accordance with the rules prescribed by the Foundation. Certain of Your Information is necessary to be collected or used for keeping your status as a member or a sponsor, or for sending you the newsletter, and the Foundation shall discontinue such collection or use of Your Information only if you cancel membership or sponsorship or unsubscribe from the newsletter pursuant to the procedures as determined by the Foundation.
4 Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Foundation shall not provide to any third party (including outside Japan) personal information contained in Your Information without your consent, except where such provision is required due to any of the following circumstances:
(1) The Foundation entrusts a third party (in or outside Japan) with handling of the personal information in whole or in part to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use. By becoming a member or a sponsor of the Foundation or subscribing to the newsletter, you are deemed to have given consent for such an entrustment;
(2) The personal information is provided through a business transfer by way of merger or other similar transactions;
(3) The Foundation is required to cooperate with state or local governmental organizations or their agents to perform their duties or obligations pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, and such performance is likely to be precluded if the consent of the user must be obtained; and
(4) In addition to the foregoing, the Foundation is entitled to provide information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Act”) or other applicable laws and regulations.
5 Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon your request to disclose your personal information under the Act, the Foundation shall, without delay, disclose to the user such information (or, in the event of non‑existence of such personal information, notify the user to that effect) after confirming that the request is made by the user itself, to the extent required to do so under the Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that you must pay a commission (1,000 yen per disclosure) for disclosure of personal information.
6 Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
6.1 If you ask the Foundation pursuant to the provisions of the Act to (1) correct the content of personal information because such information is false, or (2) suspend use of personal information because such information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or has been collected in a fraudulent or otherwise illicit manner, then the Foundation shall, without delay after confirming that the request is made by you, conduct an appropriate investigation and based upon the results thereof, correct the content or suspend the use of such personal information, and notify the party to that effect. In cases where the Foundation decides not to make such correction or suspension of the use, the Foundation shall notify you to that effect.
6.2 In the event that you ask the Foundation to delete your personal information and the Foundation has determined that it is necessary to accept such request, the Foundation shall, after confirming that the request is made by you, delete such personal information and notify you to that effect.
6.3 If the Foundation is not obligated to correct, or suspend use of, information under the Act and other applicable laws and regulations, then Sections 6.1 and 6.2 shall not apply.
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of Your Information must be submitted to:
Director of Operations of Legacy Foundation Japan
Prescribed on October 15, 2020